Here's what's been going on during my lack of blogging:
- I attended the nutrition appointment on the morning the movers showed up to start packing/loading our old house. I strive to not to be negative, but honestly, it was a waste of time. The dietician asked for a a list of food and times I'd typically eat. She said I'm eating a good variety of food I just need to squeeze more high calorie snacks in...I had to pay a $25 co-pay for that?! I know $25 is a drop in the bucket compared to the huge sum we've laid down to get pregnant...but still... She provided me with a bag full of carn.ation instant breakfasts in a can; the 8 oz can has a whopping 560 calories packed in them! I had one with breakfast the next day (bc my husband insisted I do) and it made me nauseous. It's very thick and I glanced at the back of the can to see the ingredients. The first three: water, corn syrup, canola oil. Gross. Needless to say I drank most of it, but couldn't swallow another sip once I read the ingredients. All I could focus on was drinking a can of oil; that's what the consistency reminded me of. I have been snacking on more ice cream, peanuts and throwing in an En.sure/Carn.ation Instant Breakfast (powdered variety I add to soy milk). My husband reminds me to eat which can be annoying, but I know he's trying to help. I weighed myself today and at 27w3d I'm up 24 pounds!!
- Other than the food obsession occurring at our house, we have moved!! My advice would be to not move while 20+ weeks pregnant. We hired painters and movers so there was little physical labor with the actual move. However, there is still a lot of cleaning and unpacking that is unavoidable with moving. This is why I haven't written an update...I'm the type of person who has a hard time sitting on the sidelines. I like to be a part of the action!! I've been helping as much as I can with the cleaning and unpacking. I've gotten frustrated a few times and teared up (hello hormones!!) because there is so much I physically cannot do and it's difficult to accept. My husband has done a phenomenal job unpacking, hanging items, organizing, cleaning, etc. All the action has left me utterly exhausted. We're getting there...the dining room, basement, main bath and nurseries are a mess, but the rest of the house is set up. I've been icing my feet every night because they ache so much. We closed on the old house so we're officially down to owning one house again. What a relief!! Although the move has been draining, I'm glad we made the move now rather than with two toddlers in tow. To see a blue room meant for our little man and a green/pink room intended for our little lady is amazing. I walk in them and just smile because it's still surreal that this is happening.
- My mother-in-law and niece are coming to visit this week!! We're going to dive into the nurseries and I cannot wait to get them set up!!! I love family visits!
- I can't believe week 26 has already flown by!! If it weren't for the moving, I think I'd be feeling decent. However, I'm tired and achy most of the time these days. I'm used to being on my feet a lot (I work in healthcare), but my feet have never been this painful before! I have tendonitis in my right foot that screams for ibup.rofen, but all I can do is ice. I've been limping around the house the past few days because of the pain and trying to sit as much as possible. Thank goodness I have had a lot of time off work or I couldn't balance everything we have going on right now. The babies' movement have gotten a lot stronger. I can feel/see them kicking and moving around all the time. I love it!! My belly looks lopsided from time to time depending on who's moving around in there. Baby girls continues to be the more active baby. I'm still waking up about every 1.5-2 hours for a restroom break. I also have to stretch my back/hips when I get up or they tend to get very sore. I've had minimal amounts of swelling. If I'm out in the heat for any amount of time, my feet puff up quickly, but once I sit and elevate it goes away quickly. Being pregnant in this heat is no joke!! Everyone keeps telling me I 'look great for twins.' I'm not sure what that means... I hope the babies stay in for at least 9 more weeks!!
- I passed my one hour glucose challenge test! Yeah!!! I was so excited to hear I passed, I forgot to ask what my number was. I have an OB appointment tomorrow so I'll ask then. I hope my OB is happy with my weight gain. I'm up 5 pounds in 2 weeks!! I'm also trying to eat a lot today so I can make it 6 lb by tomorrow.
- I'm posting my last two pictures as well. Please excuse the poor lighting and hand drawn quality of the 26 week sign. This was after a day of unpacking and our computer/printer was not hooked up yet.
- Our beloved pup, Miles, has us both worried. He had a tfew bumps he was itching 2 weeks ago. We had a bunch of trees at the back of our old house and he liked to wander around behind them. We figured he probably got bit by a bug. We waited for them to go away and they seemed to subside. However, over the weekend he has several more bumps that have developed and hair is starting to fall off where the bumps are. We were worried so I made an appointment at the vet today. I gave him a bath today and a few of them started bleeding and he's been trying to itch them more since the bath. I have no idea what they are, but the bath definitely irriated them. If I would have known I would have held off on the bath. He's our baby and I hope it's just an allergic reaction of some kind and nothing serious. I'm taking him to the vet today. Prayers appreciated!!!
- I know I'm leaving out a lot, but that's the gist of what has been going on. I want time to slow down so I can get caught up on everything that needs to be done...