Wednesday, January 29, 2014

This Really Happened

I've talked a little about Evan's personality, but for this post to be mildly interesting to you, here's a little info about our little guy named Evan. 
He's...um..particular. He's by no means an easy child. I have one of those. I know the difference. He was notorious for being a difficult child to get to sleep. As his personality has developed, I now know why. He's curious. He doesn't want to stop. He's a go getter. We don't call him the CEO for nothing...
Anyway, he's never one of those kids to just fall asleep. He needs his blankie, his paci and he needs to be rocked. He won't sleep unless it's in his crib. There's a way to do it. If you don't do it right, he'll let you know. Once he is asleep, he sleeps amazing (for naps anyway). He's typically a 3 hour napper. 
That being said, this happened today.

We had afternoon milk and watched Tec on TV. (yes, I was one of those people who said 'my kids will never watch tv. Well, sometimes we need it. Sometimes MOM needs it. That's for another post...) He wasn't signing for more after the show ended. Highly unusual. I looked at him and he was asleep. What?! He hasn't fallen asleep on me since he was a tiny baby....

I stood up, fetched a diaper and laid him on the floor. He was still sleeping.
I proceeded to change his diaper. He kicked a little while I wiped him with a cold wipe, but he was still sleeping...
Ella decided he needed his blankie if he was going to be sleeping.
Ella dropped his blankie on his face. What a kind sister.

I carried him up to his room and placed him in his crib. He never woke up.

















Can you believe it?! Most kids probably do this kind of thing all the time and it's not a big deal. It's a huge deal to me! Mind blowing. My kid doesn't do this.... The CEO is getting soft.
I had to make sure to document this occurrence because it's only a tad shy of a miracle for this mama.
Sweet dreams my sweet boy!

5 comments:

Jen said...

HA!!!!!! This is so awesome

Jen said...

HA!!!!!! This is so awesome

Eva Carper said...

lol this is hilarious! He must have been tuckered out!! But hopefully the easy sleeping will continue :)

waiting and wishing said...

Love it! I have one like that too... He's done it before, but only right before we realized he was sick. I hope that is not the case for you!!!

Mrs. F said...

Crazy! Never had that happen with H. He prefers to fall asleep on his own in his crib. No rocking. He is too social for that and will make himself stay awake just in case he might miss out on something.